HEALTHY HILLCREST WEEK!
22nd May 2014
WE HAVE AN ACTION PACKED HEALTHY HILLCREST WEEK LINED UP FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF NEXT TERM!
- Each day will start with a whole school Wake & Shake session at 8.50 in the KS2 playground. Look out for some VERY special guests on Friday!
- Water Aid assembly on Monday followed by....
- A sponsored Danceathon for Water Aid on the Thursday, with children dressing in dance wear. Dig out the legwarmers and look out for sponsor forms coming home on the Monday.
- Healthy cooking workshops throughout the week, in partnership with parents.
- Fruit Tuck Shop at morning playtime - KS1 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and KS2 on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Items will cost between 15p & 30p each. (Please send children in with change).
- Yoga Stars, who will be offering an after school club next year, will be doing yoga taster sessions with Yrs 1, 2 & 3.
- Whole School Picnic after school on the Friday!
- Children will be collecting stamps on their 'Healthy Eating Passports' all week. A healthy, balanced packed lunch or a healthy choice of school dinner get a stamp! 4 stamps gets a prize AND the chance to win a lunch with the two Mr Bs!
- Incredible Edible meeting at 6.30 on Tuesday 3rd June in school - Horticulturalist and co-founder of the Incredible Edible movement, Sarah Venn, will be talking about projects she has been involved with and advising us on how to get started with our own Incredible Edible Totterdown project, sowing seeds in green spaces to provide fresh food for all! Please come along if you'd like to get involved.
- Community Digging Day on Saturday 5th July - pitch in to start preparing containers and beds in the school grounds for the Incredible Edible project.