Latin Day June 2022
Miss Wilson was very impressed with the children's enthusiasm and creativity on our Latin Day!
The pupils in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 attended four workshops:
- They learned about the Roman army, including weapons, and made an onanger (catapult).
- They learned about various board games played in Ancient Rome, including 'Rota' (Wheel), which they made and played.
- They learned about food in Ancient Rome. Did you know they used to eat Flamingo brains?!
- They applied their Latin knowledge to understand and illustrate the story of Boudica.
- And learned some rather silly Latin poetry...
CAESAR ADSUM JAM FORTE
CAESAR SIC IN OMNIBUS
BRUTUS SIC IN AT.
(Caesar had some jam for tea
Brutus had a rat.
Caesar sick in omnibus
Brutus sick in hat).