Mailbag 26 November 2021
Mailbag 26 November 2021
As part of our Friday Celebration Assemblies we share highlights of the week, Here are just a few from the last few weeks, and how they link to our four values:-
- Tess in Yr 3 showed a group of Yr 6 children how to complete the Rubiks Cube. - Resilience
- Mr McIntyre and Mr Barham took the basketball squad to their latest round of tournament matches and they did us proud once again - Excellence
- Mae in Yr 5 put on a puppet show for the Reception children. - Innovation
- Mr Taylor, just back from paternity leave, managed to stay awake all week! - Resilience
- Ruhi in Yr 1 read her short story to me. - Excellence
- Holden in Yr 6 told me the story of the talking papaya. - Innovation
- Mr Barham sorted out the PE cupboard. - Resilience
- Wilf in Yr 3 came to show me a Golden Ticket the class was awarded by Mr Roberts for spontaneously cheering a classmate. - Partnership
- Jack in Yr 4 unveiled his latest Connects model - a fully operational crane. - Innovation
A fabulous effort all round!
News for Everyone
Pupil Voice - Our School Parliament now has eight committees, each made up of children from across the school:
- School Grounds
- Equality & Diversity
- 3 B’s
See who’s on each committee, and the actions they agreed at their first meetings HERE.
Coffee Morning for Muslim Families, 9am Wednesday 1st December - As a school, we value diversity and celebrate the range of cultures we have here at Hillcrest. We are inviting members of our Muslim community to an informal coffee morning next week. We would like to show you the ways we currently reflect diversity in our curriculum and how we emphasise our common values of respect and tolerance, and to discuss how we can develop this further.
If you are part of any other cultural or religious community or interest group and would appreciate a similar event we will be happy to arrange it. Please let us know.
Top Teamwork - Once again, the Hillcrest Hoops have done well in the third week of their four-week tournament. The A team remain undefeated after 14 games and our B team are picking up more and more wins every week. Partnerships in action! See the photo here.
Wells Road Crossing - There are no plans to replace our retired lollipop man, Paul, on the busy A37 crossing. Yr 5 parent Anna Boulter, backed by Cllr Ed Plowden, is pressing the council. Read more on the Community Notice Board and please add your voice. We may need another parent campaign.
Nativity Scene Figures - Does anyone have any crib figures we could borrow for a display in the KS1 corridor? Nothing fragile, so knitted or wooden figures would be ideal.
Bristol Salvation Army Christmas Gift Appeal ends on Tuesday - If you have any new toys, perhaps duplicate presents, that you would like to donate to this fantastic charity please send them in to school with your child by next Tuesday. We will pass them on to the Salvation Army to go to families suffering hardship this Christmas.
Alternatively, you can simply order something from The Salvation Army Amazon gift list:
There is also a Justgiving page if you would prefer to make a donation:
Thank you for your support.
Friends of Hillcrest News
Well, they’re back again this year!
If possible, please bring an item that matches the colour listed for your year group below:
The items will be collected in class. Look out for raffle details NEXT WEEK! Many thanks.
Christmas Card Orders - The deadline is the end of the day on Tuesday 30th November but if anyone has any problems email Leanne Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child’s name is misspelt on the sample card please put the right spelling on the order form and it will be correct on your cards.
Comedy Night - A good time was had by all AND it raised a fantastic £800 for the school! Thanks again to Stu Goldsmith for masterminding the event, to the excellent stand ups, to the volunteers and to everyone who came along on the night.
News for Year Groups