Secondary School Consultation documents 11 December 2020
Bristol City Council (BCC) is responsible for implementing the coordinated schemes for school applications and the allocation of school places for all mainstream schools in Bristol. BCC is also the Admission Authority for all community and voluntary controlled schools in the city.
BCC are consulting on a review of the following admissions documents;
1. The coordinated scheme for all Bristol primary schools for the 2022/2023 academic year
2. The coordinated scheme for all Bristol secondary schools for the 2022/2023 academic year
3. The coordinated scheme for selected Bristol schools' in-year applications for the 2022/2023 academic year
4. The admission arrangements for all Bristol community and voluntary controlled primary schools for the 2022/2023 academic year
5. The admission arrangements or selected Bristol infant to junior school transfers for the 2022/2023 academic year.
We have made some amendments to the wording of these documents as well as updating the formatting to make them more accessible.
We are also including a review of Bristol's Relevant Areas for 2023 to 2025. These are the areas all admission authorities including; the Local Authority, schools and academy trusts are required to consult with before making changes to their admissions policies. We are legally required to review these areas every two years. We are not proposing any changes to our current areas.
The consultation can be found by visiting our Citizen Space page or clicking on this link:
Please complete the online survey on the Citizen Space page or by downloading the feedback form attached to this email and either email back to email@example.com or post to: James Last, School Place Planning, Bristol City Council, City Hall, PO Box 3399.
The consultation will close on 31st January 2021.
Other Admission Authorities in Bristol
A number of other admission authorities in Bristol are also reviewing and consulting on their admission arrangements. We have set up a separate consultation page for these schools:
Cathedral School’s Trust including:
Bristol Cathedral Choir School (BCCS)
Cathedral Primary School
Headley Park School
Stoke Park Primary School
Victoria Park Primary School
Excalibur Academies Trust including:
May Park Primary School
Fairfield High School
Venturers Trust including:
Barton Hill Academy
Colston’s Girls’ School
Fairlawn Primary School
The Dolphin School
More information can be found on our Citizen Space page.
Other schools may be added to this list before the 31st January 2021.
Please contact these schools directly if you would like to respond to their consultation.
If you have any questions regarding any of this please email me.
School Place Planning Officer
Bristol City Council
- BCC Consultation Feedback Form.docx
- 1. BCC Coordinated Scheme for Primary Schools 2022 2023p.pdf
- 2. BCC Coordinated Scheme for Secondary Schools 2022 2023p.pdf
- 3. BCC Coordinated Scheme for In Year Admissions with App Form 2022 2023p.pdf
- 4. BCC Admission Arrangements for Primary Schools 2022 2023p.pdf
- 5. BCC Infant to Junior School Transfer Admission Arrangements 2022 2023p.pdf
- 6. BCC Relevant Areas Consultation 2023 to 2025p.pdf
Oasis Academy Brightstowe is consulting on its admissions arrangements for September 2022 onwards.
We propose that our entry, oversubscription and tie break criteria remain unchanged. We intend to remain part of Bristol City Council’s common admissions framework.
Should you have any feedback on these proposed arrangements, please email them for my attention to firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than 31st January 2021.
Oasis Academy John Williams is consulting on its 22/23 Admissions Arrangements. The academy is formally increasing its PAN from 162 to 180. The consultation starts on Friday 18th December 2020 until Saturday 30th January 2021.
To view the full arrangements or want to feedback please visit - https://www.oasisacademyjohnwilliams.org/admissions/how-to-apply
Consultation on proposed Admission Arrangements 2022/23
In line with the School Admissions Code, Venturers Trust is consulting on the admission arrangements for the academic year 2022/23 for academies within the Trust. Please click here for further details.