Test & Trace Support Payments letter 14 May 2021

Test & Trace Support Payments
£500 grants available for eligible workers
Have you been asked to self-isolate? Or has your child been sent home from school to self-isolate? You can apply for a £500 grant if you have lost income due to self-isolating. You must be in employment or self-employment and unable to work from home. You can now also apply for the grant if you are caring for a child who is self-isolating.
To be eligible for a Test and Trace Support Payment you must either:
• have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the COVID-19 app
• be looking after a child under 16 years of age who usually attends an educational or childcare setting but is self-isolating on or after 8 March 2021
• be looking after someone under 26 years of age with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) who usually attends an educational setting but is self-isolating on or after 8 March 2021
You must also be receiving one of the following:
Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
If you don’t receive one of the benefits, you may qualify for a discretionary payment. The Department of Health and Social Care have made extra funds available monthly to support our discretionary decisions allowing us to include more citizens.
You have 42 days from when your self-isolation began to apply, should you apply outside of that your claim can still be considered, but please include any reasons or circumstances that led to a late application
Find out more about Test and Trace Support Payments LINK: HERE
If you have any queries please contact our team via email: testandtracepayment@bristol.gov.uk