Top tips for parents
- Discover the Internet together.
- Have the computer/device in a family room.
- Agree with your child rules for Internet use in your home.
- Encourage your child to be careful when disclosing personal information.
- Talk about the risks associated with meeting online “friends” in person.
- Teach your child about evaluating information and being critically aware of information found online.
- Don’t be too critical towards your child’s exploration of the Internet.
- Let your children show you what they like to do online
- Set child lock features and Google Safe Search.
- Discuss what to do if they see/watch/hear something which makes them feel uncomfortable.
Our E-Safety Leader is Mrs Loader
If a child is worried about anything that happens online they can talk to Mrs Loader or to any of their trusted adults at school.
Parents/Carers are also welcome to get in touch with any member of staff for advice or support.
Children and parents/carers can also:
Vodaphone also have some useful resources for parents: