Our uniform gives the children a sense of belonging and
pride in their school. They look neat and ready to learn,
reflecting our school vision -
'Taking pride in everything we do'
There are no outsiders here. Our uniform makes everyone equal, whatever pupils’ home circumstances - it eliminates comparisons and competition to wear ‘the latest thing’.
Please help yourself to as much school clothing as you need, ABSOLUTELY FREE, from our well-stocked second-hand uniform store. It is always open and you will find it between the scooter racks on the grassy area in the playground. Remember to cross out the previous owner's name and rename each item before your child wears it to school.
We're always grateful for outgrown school clothing, as long as it is clean and in decent condition Please drop it off at the office.
We expect the children to wear correct uniform and we rely on parents to support the school in this.
OUR SCHOOL UNIFORM
- Emerald green sweatshirt or cardigan with embroidered school logo - £10.30
- Pale blue, short-sleeved polo shirt with embroidered school logo (optional) - £6.80
- Pale blue polo shirt without logo, available from supermarkets.
- Black or dark grey school trousers, shorts *, skirt or pinafore, available from supermarkets
- Blue and white gingham school summer dress (optional), available from supermarkets.
- Black, grey or white socks / black or grey tights or leggings *
- Black school shoes - see below
* Leggings and lycra shorts may only be worn under a skirt or dress
Our current school uniform supplier, for sweatshirts, cardigans and polo shirts embroidered with the school logo, is online retailer My Clothing:
My Clothing also sell standard school uniform items such as trousers, shorts, plain polo shirts, skirts and school dresses, but these may also be bought elsewhere.
Pupils must wear closed-toed, plain black school shoes with a flat sole, held on firmly with straps or laces.
- No heels
- No slip-on shoes
- No open-toed sandals, flip-flops, Crocs or mules (whatever the weather)
- No boots (in extreme weather children may wear boots to come to school but must change into shoes once in the building).
- Trainers may be worn if they are completely black - no coloured soles or details, flashing lights etc.
Long hair, on children of any gender, is best tied back (so head lice don't spread so easily) and bands, clips, slides, scrunchies and bows should be small and single-colour.
Please keep novelty hair accessories, make-up and jewellery for home (a pair of small, plain, stud earrings may be worn if ears are pierced).
Additions can be made to the standard school uniform for religious reasons, e.g. a plain headscarf, or black/grey leggings worn underneath a skirt or dress.
Adjustments may be made if a child needs them because of sensory issues (please discuss with Ms Norman).
- PE T-shirt in House colour - available to buy from the school office - £4.50
Endeavour Adventure Victory Discovery
- Shorts or leggings
- Daps or trainers
- Children may wear track suit tops and bottoms for outdoor lessons in cold weather
All items should be clearly named and kept in a named PE bag on the child’s peg. Please make sure your child has their kit in school for their twice weekly PE lessons.
(Children in Reception do not change their clothes for PE in the autumn term. This is phased in from the spring term.)
PE Footwear - Children should have a pair of school daps (pumps) or trainers in their PE bag for outdoor PE lessons. Indoor gymnastic and dance lessons are usually done bare-foot.
House T-shirts, caps and book bags are on sale in the school office. Payment in cash only (correct change is much appreciated).
STIKINS - SELF-ADHESIVE NAME LABELS THAT STICK IN AND STAY
Easy to order - just click here
Easy to use - no sewing or ironing - just stick to the wash-care label
Washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher and even micro-wave proof.
Uses include clothes, lunch boxes, water bottles, shoes, bags, PE kit, glasses cases, trainers, musical instruments, books, inhalers, phones, etc.
Saving you money - It's a fact of life... children can be careless with their things! If we can return just one labelled coat or jumper to your child you'll have covered the cost of the labels!
It's a great fundraiser for the school too! Hillcrest automatically earns 30% commission when you order using the link above.