MONDAY 20th MARCH - FRIDAY 24th MARCH
- 5CS Engineering Workshop - Wednesday 22 March. The children will be designing rollercoasters and, ultimately, building them using scrap materials. We want the children to consider the differences in the materials they use and how it will affect their rollercoaster, so it would be good to have a nice mix. Please can your child bring in some of the following materials by Tuesday 21 March: toilet roll and kitchen roll tubes, cardboard (such as cereal boxes and thicker cardboard from things like Amazon parcels), plastic bottles and milk cartons would all be ideal, as they should be easier to piece together into a structure.
- THE READ-A-NATOR. When your child has read at home, simply hit the button and click your child's class to add a point to their class tally. The class with the most points at the end of the term will get one hour on a bouncy castle in the Big Hall!
- For more bouncy fun, make sure to log on to TimesTable Rockstars because the class with the most points this term will also win an hour on the bouncy castle, and the top three times-tablers overall will each get a 30-minute bounce with a friend!
- Readathon - You can still pay sponsor money in on line here:
- Children need to learn the spellings from SECTION E and revise SECTION A, B, C and D this week.
- Mailbag - Check your Friday Mailbag for whole-school news.
Coming up soon...
- Watercress Farm, Belmarsh Estate trip - 5CS Thursday 4 May, 5DB Thursday 18 May
- End of Term 4 - Friday 31 March
- INSET day - Monday 17 April
- Start of Term 5 - Tuesday 18 April
- Open Doors Day presentation - You can see the slides from Ms Norman and Mr McIntyre's talk under 'Letters' here - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.
- All our dates and events for the year are on our website calendar. Click to view it in...
- calendar format
- or as a list of events
- In the calendar layout events are colour coded...
- Events for everyone are in BLUE. Events for Yr 5 only are in MAGENTA.
- Visit the Yr 5 Homework page HERE to download this week's Retrieval Questions.
Click HERE to see what we've been doing!
(please only email teachers on school days between 8am and 5.30pm)
Miss Silver - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Barham - email@example.com
Nadia Nadim Class Reps:
Fiona Cameron (Felix and Rudy's mum) - email firstname.lastname@example.org FAO 'Year 5 Class Reps'
Sarah Hodge (Isaac's mum) - email email@example.com FAO 'Year 5 Class Reps'
Muhammad Ali Class Reps:
Helen (Louisa's mum) - email firstname.lastname@example.org FAO 'Year 5 Class Reps'
Leyla (Isaac M's mum) - email email@example.com FAO 'Year 5 Class Reps'
If you would like to be added to the Year 5 WhatsApp group then please get in touch with any of the above Reps