Information on inclusion, and how we support children with special educational needs.
The Hillcrest Primary School SEND and Equal Opportunity Policies can be found on the policies page of this website HERE.
Click on the link to download the SEND information for school year 2022 - 23:
- What is SEND?
- What is our approach to teaching of children with SEND?
- What should I do if I think my child has SEND?
- How does Hillcrest Primary School identify children with SEND?
- How will Hillcrest Primary School support my child?
- How will teaching be adapted to meet the needs of my child with SEND?
- What is Takiwatanga and who is it for?
- What support will there be for my child's overall wellbeing?
- What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by Hillcrest Primary School?
- What training have the staff supporting children with SEND had, or are having?
- How will Hillcrest Primary School prepare and support my child to join their setting and transfer to a new setting?
- How are Hillcrest Primary School's allocated and matched to childrens special educational needs?
- How accessible is Hillcrest Primary School.
- How does Hillcrest Primary School evaluate the effectiveness of our SEND provision?
- Who can I contact for further information?
If you have any questions about special educational needs, please contact our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities lead (SENDCo), Mrs Sarah Livingston,
Our school governor for SEND is Mr Matt Hodge, firstname.lastname@example.org